Group to award two $114,000 grants in November
Impact 100 SRQ, a group of local women philanthropists committed to high impact strategic grant making, announced the five finalists that will compete for two $114,000 grants at the inaugural Impact 100 SRQ annual meeting and awards celebration on Nov. 3 at Lakewood Ranch Golf & Country Club. More than 200 Impact 100 SRQ founding members, friends, corporate supporters, non-profits and community leaders gathered on Tues., Oct. 15 to meet the five local non-profit finalists vying for $228,000 in grants for community changing projects.
The 2019 finalists:
- Arts & Culture: The Venice Institute for Performing Arts — VIP Arts Academy Phase III
- Education: The Haven — Selby Preschool Expansion to Accommodate More Children
- Environment & Recreation: Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast — Next Gen Conservation
- Family: Mothers Helping Mothers, Inc. — Mothers Helping Mothers is Expecting!
- Health & Wellness: Safe Place and Rape Crisis Center, Inc. — Therapeutic Privacy Landscaping — SPARCC Shelter.
After a stringent, organized & member driven review of all grant applications, founding members selected a finalist in each category. The final vote to select the two high-impact grant recipients will take place at the annual meeting and grant award celebration Sunday, Nov. 3. Each finalist will deliver a 10-minute presentation to the Impact 100 SRQ membership. Following the presentations, members will cast their live vote & the two $114,000 grant recipients will be announced immediately.
“It’s incredible that 228 women have come together in our first year to collectively fund not just one, but two $114,000 grants supporting new, life-changing initiatives in our community,” said Jane Watt, Impact 100 SRQ chapter president. “Impact 100 SRQ women give individually so we can collectively impact our community.Through this collective giving,”